The vision of the Excelsior Healthcare Academy is to achieve regional and national eminence as a leader of excellence in healthcare education, research, practice, service, and community outreach.
The faculty and staff of EHA function in a spirit of mutual respect in dealing with others at all levels (administration, colleagues, faculty, students, and community). This respect is illustrated by the following behaviors:
- Acknowledging the value of others by treating them with respect.
- Exemplifying good human relations skills such as courteousness, consideration and responsiveness to others.
- Acting in a dignified professional manner.
- Listening to others carefully and asking for clarification when necessary.
- Acknowledging others time frame by being on time and making reasonable requests are requisites of respect.
These behaviors reflect pride in oneself, the profession of health care institution, and being a part of Excelsior Healthcare Academy.
Professionalism is the essence of Excelsior Healthcare Academy. The academy creates a climate to encourage personal development of the following professional qualities:
These qualities are achieved through collaboration, cooperation, and mentoring.
Integrity is a link to our common bond.
- In all endeavors, we will act in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- We value the modeling and teaching of honesty, integrity, objectivity/fairness, sincerity, self-awareness and loyalty.
- We believe an environment that promotes integrity and trust will create positive educational experiences.
Core Values and Principles
Respect, Responsibility, Trust, and Dialogue. These core values are fundamental to the success of the healthcare profession and Excelsior Healthcare Academy community. These values are the foundation for our work, how we interact with one another, and help guide the strategies we employ to fulfill our vision, mission, and strategic goals. We are supportive of one another efforts, loyal to one another, and care for one another both professionally and personally. We embrace, own, and are energized by these core values.
Strategic Goals for 2015 – 2018
- Advance Excelsior Healthcare Academys reputation as a national leader in educational research, evidence-based educational practices, and progressive educational programs. (Teaching Excellence)
- Position Excelsior Healthcare Academy as a regional renowned leader in and knowledge development. (Research Excellence)
- Develop new and sustain existing partnerships to support innovations in education and research that address current and future challenges in global health care and health professions education. (Innovations and Partnerships)
- Integrate the school’s core values into the culture of the organization. (Recognition)
- Acquire, allocate, and effectively manage resources to support the work of the academy, staff, and students. (Resources)
Approval and Disclosure
Excelsior Healthcare Academy is approved the Illinois Board of Higher Education, located at 431 East Adams, Second Floor, Springfield, IL 62701-1404. An annual renewal has since been submitted to IBHE for review.
“Excelsior Healthcare Academy is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.”
“Excelsior Healthcare Academy is not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.”
The school does not guarantee the transferability of credits to another school, college, or university. Credits or coursework are not likely to transfer; any decision on the comparability, appropriateness and applicability of credit and whether credit should be accepted is the decision of the receiving institution.