Basic Electrocardiogram Technician (EKG)
This comprehensive Basic EKG Technician certificate program provides hands-on training. Students will learn to take and interpret EKG readings. Topics cover anatomy and physiology of the heart, medical disease processes, medical terminology, medical ethics, legal aspects of patient contacts, and the use of the EKG monitor
PREREQUISITE COURSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAM / COURSE:
Because of legal and ethical factors impacting nursing and nursing education, additional standards and requirements are placed on the nursing student that may not be typical of other academic majors. Therefore, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age or, if not, have parental permission in writing
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or successfully pass a Basic Skills Test with a minimum verbal score of 70% and minimum math score of 70%.
- Have a personal interview.
- Complete an Application for Admission
- Submit a signed enrollment agreement.
- Successfully pass tests in Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, and Basic Math
- Produce proof of current and negative TB Skin Tests and negative Chest X-ray
- Submit a criminal background check application*.
*Background checks are required by law through the Illinois Department of Public Health and are the first step towards the certification process. Results of this background check will be sent to you. If the charges are listed as “pending” you may continue in the class. If after a more extensive investigation, the results show evidence of one or more of the criminal behaviors which would prohibit employment in the healthcare field, you will be advised in writing of what recourse you may have. Until the conclusion of the extensive investigation and possible hearing, you will not be permitted to take the certification exam. If you have had a criminal background check within one year of your expected exam date, you must bring a confirming document to the instructor.
PROGRAM / COURSE OBJECTIVES: To prepare graduates to obtain his or her National Credentialing Certificate from the National HealthCareer Association.
TUITION & FEES
|Books & Supplies||100.00|
|Exams, Certification & Administration||200.00|
Duration: The program duration is four weeks. Check the link below for specific time schedules throughout the year, (Excelsior Healthcare Academy School Calendar).
Excelsior Healthcare Academy is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education. For more information contact IBHE at 1 N Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333, Springfield, IL 62701-1377.
Excelsior Healthcare Academy does not provide financial aid at this time
We assist with job placements.
Enrolment Documents & Other Information
- Basic EKG Enrollment Agreement Requirements
- Excelsior Healthcare Academy Institutional Disclosures 2018-2019
- Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Excelsior Healthcare Academy School Catalog
- Excelsior Healthcare Academy School Calendar
“Excelsior Healthcare Academy is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.”
“Excelsior Healthcare Academy is not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.”
The school does not guarantee the transferability of credits to another school, college, or university. Credits or coursework are not likely to transfer; any decision on the comparability, appropriateness, and applicability of credit and whether credit should be accepted is the decision of the receiving institution.
A candidate must:
- sign the background check authorization agreement,
- submit a physical examination,
- pass a placement examination, and
- must be Hepatitis B immune.
Contact the school for additional information or academic advisor support.
Ready to Enrol?
- Option One: Download the enrolment documents above, fill and hand-deliver to the Excelsior Health Academy 523 S. Halsted, Chicago Heights, IL 60413 USA, with your school fees
- Option Two: Make your payment online, and follow up with a phone call to (773) 297-2417
- Option Three:
- Submission by mail; Download the enrolment documents, fill and post by registered mail to “the Administrator, Excelsior Healthcare Academy, 523 S. Halsted, Chicago Heights, IL 60413, USA. You are advised to follow up with a phone call.
- For questions regarding the course program or fees, reach out to the school administrator either by phone or in-person, we are always available to assist you.
- To ensure you are able to request your transcript and examination results online in the comfort of your home, after completion of your training, click here to create an online student management profile.
Page updated August, 22nd 2021.