Patient Care Technician 11 (PCT 11)
Patient Care Technician 11 same as the PCT course prepares the student to work in hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, dialysis centers, emergency rooms, central laboratory units, and obstetrics and pediatric centers. Patient Care Technicians provide services such as assisting patients with activities of daily living. PCT 11 just like PCT works directly under the supervision of registered nurses to provide care as assigned. A PCT 11 like PCT is responsible for the administration of vital signs, intake and output calculations, assistance with patients in restraints, assistance with urinary drainage catheter care.
Excelsior Healthcare Academy will issue a Patient Care Technician Certificate (PCT) upon completion of the course. This certificate is sufficient for any candidate to seek and retain gainful employment just because the course of PCT at Excelsior Healthcare Academy is accredited by the Illinois State’s Board of Higher Education.The student in addition may attend a private but not mandatory national examination through agencies such as MEDCA, NHA, or AMT.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM / COURSE
Students who are C.N.A.s already are taught the skill of venous blood drawing (Phlebotomy) and Basic Electrocardiogram. Students who are not C.N.A.s are taught the skill of C.N.A, Phlebotomy, and EKG. In conclusion, Excelsior Healthcare Academy will offer such programs as, C.N.A, PHLEBOTOMY, EKG. PCT AND PCT 11.
PREREQUISITE COURSES & OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAM / COURSE:
All prospective students have a one-on-one Career Planning Session with an admissions representative to determine the prospect’s awareness and suitability for their chosen field of study. Because of legal and ethical factors impacting nursing and nursing education, additional standards and requirements are placed on the nursing student that may not be typical of other academic majors. Therefore, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age or, if not, have parental permission in writing
- Have a high Excelsior Healthcare Academy diploma, GED, or successfully pass a Basic Skills Test with a minimum verbal score of 75% and minimum math score of 75%.
- Have a personal interview
- Complete an Application for Admission
- Submit a signed enrollment agreement.
- Successfully pass tests in Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, and Basic Math
- Produce proof of current and negative TB Skin Tests and negative Chest X-ray
- Submit a criminal background check application*.
PROGRAM / COURSE OBJECTIVES: To prepare an individual to work at the Doctor’s office; medical counters. Emergency room, hospital, or long-term care facilities as desired. This course in combination with Phlebotomy, EKG, and CNA will enable a student to become a Patient Care Technologist.
|Books, Supplies & Lab||720.00|
|Exams, Certification & Administration||380.00|
The Program duration is four weeks. Check the link below for specific time schedules throughout the year, (Excelsior Healthcare Academy School Calendar).
The school does not offer any Financial Aid Assistance at this time.
The job outlook for PCT and PCT 11 is the same. The Patient Care Technicians candidate is high in demand because it has been concluded that PCT’s are known to be serviceable in multiple ways and function independently as C.N.A and/or Phlebotomy, and/or Electrocardiogram Technician; and can as well cross-trained as Dialysis Technician such as places like Davita. PCT candidates make an average of $35,000 to $40,000 per year.
We assist with job placements.
Enrollment can be done in person at the Excelsior Healthcare Academy facility only. Candidates should bring a valid State Identification card, the C.N.A CERTIFICATE, and a high school equivalent of a higher certificate to the school not later than two weeks before the beginning of every course.
*Background checks are required by law through the Illinois Department of Public Health and are the first step towards the certification process. Results of this background check will be sent to you. If the charges are listed as “pending” you may continue in the class. If after a more extensive investigation, the results show evidence of one or more of the criminal behaviors which would prohibit employment in the healthcare field, you will be advised in writing of what recourse you may have. Until the conclusion of the extensive investigation and possible hearing, you will not be permitted to take the certification exam. If you have had a criminal background check within one year of your expected exam date, you must bring a confirming document to the instructor.
A candidate must:
- sign the background check authorization agreement,
- submit a physical examination,
- pass a placement examination, and
- must be Hepatitis B immune.
Enrolment Document Download:
- Patient Care Technician (PCT11) Enrollment Agreement Requirements
- Excelsior Healthcare Academy Institutional Disclosures 2018-2019
- Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Excelsior Healthcare Academy School Catalog
- Excelsior Healthcare Academy School Calendar
“Excelsior Healthcare Academy is approved by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.”
“Excelsior Healthcare Academy is not accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.”
The school does not guarantee the transferability of credits to another school, college, or university. Credits or coursework are not likely to transfer; any decision on the comparability, appropriateness, and applicability of credit and whether credit should be accepted is the decision of the receiving institution.
Contact the school for additional information or academic advisor support.
Ready to Enrol?
- Option One: Download the enrolment documents above, fill and hand-deliver to the Excelsior Health Academy 523 S. Halsted, Chicago Heights, IL 60413, USA with your school fees
- Option Two: Make your payment online, and follow up with a phone call to (773) 297-2417
- Option Three:
- Submission by mail; Download the enrolment documents, fill and post by registered mail to “the Administrator, Excelsior Healthcare Academy, 523 S. Halsted, Chicago Heights, IL 60413, USA. You are advised to follow up with a phone call.
- For questions regarding the course program or fees, reach out to the school administrator either by phone or in-person, we are always available to assist you.
- To ensure you are able to request your transcript and examination results online in the comfort of your home, after completion of your training, click here to create an online student management profile.
Page updated June 2021.